Monday, November 27, 2006

Gromit visits the Welland Canal (while I visit the dentist)

I had to get off the ship today in the Welland Canal and go visit yet another dentist. I think I'm going to give up on the "roaming dentist experience" and just stick with my dentist at home. The dentist that the company fixed me up with was a bit too flaky in my books, and instead of fixing the hole in my gums (through which my jawbone is sticking out), he was all, "lets let Mother Nature take her course." I prefer the old-fashioned approach of my own dentist which is, "lets numb you up, slice it open, grind the bone down, and sew the gum shut. After which I'll prescribe some synthetic heroin for the pain, and some penicilin." Much more effective in my books.

But it did give me a chance to let Gromit out of my room (where he's been languishing since returning from Scotland this summer) and together we checked out the Museum at Lock #3 while we were waiting for the Algowood to arrive and pick me up.

Gromit checks out Lock #3


and some old ship crap at the museum


Like I said to the nice lady who took this picture, "everyone needs a hobby, and I don't have any kids."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which one's Gromit?

izenkumon said...

nice.