Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Waiting...

I'm waiting for the Rude Guy to come and look at the apartment. It's now 10 to 10 and he was supposed to be here at 9:30. This guy has pissed me off right from the get go. He calls me and leaves a number on my answering machine (which is a different number than my call display showed), so I returned his call. It rang and rang, no machine, so I hung up. He calls me back a couple of hours later.

Me: Hello?
Him: Who is this? You called my cell phone!
Me: you called me first and left the number. I've got an apartment for rent.
Him: mmmmm...Is this the apartment for rent?
Me: Yes, were you interested?
Him: I've got a client flying in next week and we want to see it, 9:30 Tuesday morning.
Me: OK.
Him: (hangs up)

Honestly, if I wasn't desparate to rent the place, I'd have told him to piss off with his rudeness. Who answers the phone with "who is this?"? and now it's almost 10 and they aren't here. You'd think (in a civilized society) that if you'd made an apt. for 9:30 and it was getting on to 10, you'd call and say that you were running late, right?
There's so much that I wanted to do today, starting with going out and getting some coffee, and it's a beautiful day too. This isn't getting it off to a good start.

No comments: