Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Get FIREFOX!!

This blog is best viewed using the Firefox browser I just checked out how it looks using Internet Exploder and it's all centered on the page with my beautiful sidebar at the bottom. So stop using Internet Explorer, it's full of bugs and doesn't have nearly the amount of cool features, extensions and plug-ins that Firefox has. Having problems with Firefox? Drop me a line, I'll be glad to help.

I saw a new thread last night in the Tilted Forum Project about the Seal Hunt. For those of you not familiar with the TFP, it is the board where I spend a lot of my internet time hanging out, playing games and discussing things with other members. As usual with the seal hunt, some one seized on the graphic pictures of the cute baby seals, and started a very one-sided argument (and really wasn't looking for any other viewpoints - because he tried to bitch-slap me when I disagreed) about how cruel and un-necessary it all is. Now I don't profess to know all there is to know about the seal hunt, but I do know that people here in Newfoundland don't like being told how to run their business. For that matter, people anywhere don't like being told how to run their business. I do think that when rich and famous people with their multi-billionaire livestyles come into someplace like this and preach to people who are trying to earn a living without having to resort to government assistance they havent' gotten the whole picture.
To that end, CBC Newsworld is broadcasting the documentary "My Ancestors Were Rogues And Murderers" on Saturday night. I'm going to watch it, and I think everyone should as well. Thanks to Skylarkd for pointing it out to me.

1 comment:

Dana said...

YA! Represent, my disgruntled brotha! Regardless of what the issue is, the idea that Paul McCartney can just swoop down and *presto* yr the wicked one, well, that's offensive.

And also, the organizations using his face (obviously not renting his brain, judging from that Larry King thing) is obviously profiteering. If they were sincerely concerned then they wouldn't use the baby seals in thier advertising. Check my latest blog for a funny pic.