Thursday, February 02, 2006

Music

So I spent part of yesterday, (the part where I wasn't outside shovelling snow - like the dutch boy with his finger in the dyke (dike?) desperately trying to keep ahead of the flood of snow or the snow plow) trying to get a music player integrated into my blog. The main reason why I devoted so much time to this project, when I could have been skivvying off on my tech communications project, is I had a flashback to when I was DJ at Joe's Bar in Porto. My then Swedish girlfriend, Elin, introduced me to this incredible band Hedningarna, and I suddenly thought that maybe I could get some of their stuff off the net by using Limewire. Hedningarna sounds (as I described them to a friend) like a couple of fairies hopped up on meth accompanied by the Valkries on electric guitars! I've always liked the foreign stuff, now described as "world music," but I liked it before it got fashionable.

No comments: