Saturday, March 25, 2006

In the night kitchen

I'm actually in the library, being a beautiful Saturday and all.
Seriously, the sky is blue, the snow is melting, I think I may have heard a bird singing too. The snow is finally gone from the traffic island at Elizabeth and Allandale, which is great cause there are now 4 lanes again, rather than the 2 that we had to put up with all winter.
My goal today is to get that freaking Tech Comm paper finished once and for all. It's been hanging over my head all semester, honestly you'd think that at nearly 40, I could come to terms with my procrastination once and for all, and just accept it, but I don't. I'll probably still be putting things off at 70. That's a scary thought, "No, I'll oil the wheels on my chair tomorrow."
I've been thinking a lot about me and my life this week. It's kind of an offshoot of all that is going on in my life these days. The major players know who they are. I feel the beginnings of a mid-life crisis coming on. I'll have to sell the jeep and get a porsche. Although as D says, "We're having our mid-life crisis, dude. We're at University!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny you say this: "I feel the beginnings of a mid-life crisis coming on". I have been feeling the same way lately. I never thought I'd feel that way.