Friday, March 31, 2006

On Moving...

Things I Will Miss About St. John’s

  • The magnificent view from the top of Signal Hill

  • Beer in my corner store, Funkman & Frogs

  • Trinity Pub

  • The Ship Inn

  • Nautical Nellies

  • India Beer (like I’m taking about 300 cases back to Ontario)

  • Did I mention the view from Signal Hill?

  • Cool old architecture

  • Rupert and Jericho (even though they are my cats, this will be the last time I will live with them.)

  • Memorial University (strange as it sounds)

  • Being in the QEII @ MUN (especially the reading room on the 4th floor at the long tables looking over the edge)

  • The Harbour (The Newfoundlanders haven’t felt any need to “reclaim” their waterfront like so many other cities have. These people understand the need for a wharf!)

  • all the artists, and assorted cool folk who live here. Did I mention that I almost creamed some clown on a unicycle juggling batons who was coming down the Signal Hill Road as I was coming up?




Things I Won’t Miss About St. John’s

  • Potholes

  • Drivers (I’ve been in so many close calls since I’ve been driving here)

  • The total absence of any snow clearing on Feild Street

  • The delay to get mail from the mainland

  • Being a CFA

  • Memorial University

2 comments:

Dana said...

Christ, I know, the mail service from the mainland. Honestly, how hard is it, right? My flippin' headache..

So sad, no more kitties. They are such fine creatures. No chance of cloning?

Kirsten said...

Makes me homesick!

I left in 2001 and have only been back for a few visits.