Monday, January 08, 2007

First day of school.

My laptop decided that last night would be a good time for it to "up and die" on me. Actually it was probably my fault, as I was in the middle of my yearly "re-format the hard-drive and re-install windows" event. Apparently my restore disks are slightly corrupted (or maybe there is some sort of "you can only do this 3 times and then you should buy a new computer" code written into the operating system), or the system just doesn't like being erased and re-installed. Anyrate, I am now on the 4th installation of windows and at last it seems stable. It was a bit of a hassle that I didn't need on the night before school.
School has begun again! I saw a few familiar faces, but no one that I knew from my classes last year. I've only got the one class at MUN this year(1st year French), but my afternoons look to be pretty busy until spring break, with 3 hours per day of Stability up at the Marine Institute. People have been busy signing on to the distance education sites and introducing themselves. As soon as I come up with something interesting to say, I'll have to do the same.
The great unpacking is going well...well at least it's not totally stagnating. I put together a set of shelves and the kitchen table and tomorrow morning I hope to put together the big set of shelves and get the rest of the books out of their boxes.
I apologize to everyone whose link I deleted from the sidebar when I deleted the template. I've been hesitant to put them back up as I keep mulling over taking this blog to a different host. Stay tuned to this space for more news...

1 comment:

Dana said...

dude, you have to tell me how you organized your archived posts into years. mine is getting out of hand.

also: congrats on the new apt, being back in sj, the whole works. ah, school. last year this time, i was just about to start *my* tech project.. meeemories.. it's gonna go fast, dude. summer will be here before we know it.