Sunday, January 07, 2007

Setting Up

I'm now on my 3rd official day in new apt! It's gone from this:

to this:


The kitchen is put away, and semi-organized, the storage room is put away and semi-organized, the bedroom is a disaster, the bathroom is a disaster, the living room is half a disaster, and the dining room is still full of boxes, chairs and un-assembled IKEA shelves. Gromit has been set up in the kitchen (Lord of all he surveys), and I'm slowly taming the mess in the other rooms. At least I can cook for myself, and don't need to rely on take-out or friends to feed me. Self-reliance is very important. After months at sea, having my own place seems to be taking top priority over everything else. Even though, I know it's going to take weeks to get everything sorted out and put away, I can't seem to stop obsessing over the apartment. On a brighter note, school starts tomorrow and will give me something new to obsess over. But I did go see the professor who will be grading my technical report and she likes my topic, and suggested some ways that I might go about doing it, so I'm hopeful that the actual writing (which I've been dreading for months) won't be too bad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Move Gromit or he will smell like french fries....I am worried about him.......

izenkumon said...

i think you are confusing me with someone else...