Saturday, February 03, 2007

Capital Video


Capital Video resides in a small shop in Rawlin's Cross. I never paid much attention to it in passing before I started going in this year. A friend introduced me to it, and when I finally realized what she was talking about, I said,"you mean that boarded up place that is always closed?" Little did I know that that little oasis of old VHS tapes stacked on sagging shelves behind the unwashed cobwebby windows was a movie junkie's fix. Not only are the proprietors knowledgeable about the movies they rent, they are also not above dissing the customer who rents a movie they don't approve of.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Video Inc. is truly a dream amidst the sharp reality of Blockbuster and Jumbo. Last time I stopped in, Joe "helped" me pick a film by comparing everything to Catwoman. "Oh, that one's better than Catwoman. That one's only slightly better than Catwoman." etc.

Oh, and your film is 2 months late? $15.

I love the place.