Monday, January 09, 2006

First Day of School

First day of classes in the winter semester, and I dutifully went to one of my two actual classes. Like Holli says, "no wonder its taking you forever to complete this program, you're never at the university." I'm actually taking 5 classes this semester, it's just that three of them are distance. Kind of funny in that I came to Newfoundland to avoid doing the distance thing.
My "seminar" in International Law wasn't quite what I was expecting. Maybe the fact that there were 50-odd students. I wasn't expecting a whole whack of maritime studies people, but I thought there might have been more than me and Dana. Next class I need to sit nearer to the front, I'm not sure if my head is spinning because of the instructor's lecture or the fact that I kept straining to see over the huge head of the guy in front of me.
On a different note, Rupert has developed a fascination with my knees; he's been sitting under the desk nuzzling my knees, and occasionally taking little nips at my jeans when I'm not paying him enough attention. I guess they are a little starved after two weeks on their own. Even Jericho has warmed up a little.

No comments: