Saturday, January 28, 2006

Winter

I went for another walk today, this time by myself as H was not feeling up to a brisk walk in the sub-zero temps. I walked down Gower street right across town to Ordnance and then through town. I stopped off at the Harvey's wharf to see if I could get some nice shots of the Battery. I got a bunch and when I got home, fired up "The GIMP" to try out my hand colourizing. I saw a shot downtown in the Weavery (for about $300), and thought I would see if I can do a fair approximation myself. This is the result of my playing. Not bad for a free program off the internet. Seriously though, for a free program, I've been pretty impressed with the range of features.

H and I are doing the merry-go-round cold thing this week. First she had a sore throat, which I picked up and that developed into a cold, which she now has picked up. As long as I can kick it and not pick it back up again, I should be ok. This was from the other night while H was giving Roo and Jericho their evening treats.

No comments: